Cincinnati, OH 45242
We are seeking a results-driven corporate controller to oversee our financial operations. You will be performing financial planning, optimizing finance/accounting processes, and preparing and tracking budgets and financial reporting.
To ensure success as a corporate controller, you should demonstrate in-depth knowledge of financial management principles and extensive experience in a similar role. A person with experience start up experience, and experience standing up an ERP system would be ideal.
Corporate Controller Responsibilities:
- Performing internal audits and financial risk assessments, as well as facilitating intervention strategies.
- Preparing annual budgets, forecasts, and reports, as well as reviewing journal entries and account reconciliation.
- Monitoring closing processes, billing, invoicing, expenses, reimbursements, and payroll administration.
- Maximizing returns on excess cash balances and improving closing and reporting cycles.
- Coordinating and recording investments and maintaining fixed asset records.
- Overseeing financial and accounting staff and analyzing profit center performance metrics.
- Documenting processes and ensuring compliance with financial management and accounting regulations.
- Guiding financial decisions.
- Evaluating and enhancing financial controls and tax return procedures.
- Analyzing and interpreting balance sheets, income statements, cash flow, and liabilities.
Corporate Controller Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a similar field.
- A Master’s degree with a focus on corporate financial management is preferred.
- Previous experience as a Controller at a firm with $500MM+ in revenue.
- Advanced competency in financial management and accounting software.
- Previous start up experience and working in a Private Equity environment would be helpful.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting standards and industry regulations.
- Extensive experience in corporate finances, auditing, and performance management.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and collaboration skills.